Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tornado Warning

Usually, I shrug off a weather warning with the thought that it won't get that bad here.  I get nervous during bad weather.  One of my best friends, Melanie, and I share the same fear for storms.  We discussed it and decided it must be the unpredictability of them that has us so scared - a tornado especially.

Today, I was feeding Emma her two o clock bottle when a tornado warning interrupted the Grey's rerun I was watching on Lifetime.  Like I said, use to I would disregard a warning, but now that I have Emma I take everything more serious.

The warning happened to include where our house is located.  It wasn't a tornado yet, but had great potential to be.  The weatherman kept saying it was unimpressive movement which I took as a good sign despite his disappointed tone.  I was thrilled that the swirling clouds were unimpressive!  Still, I got Emma's mattress from her crib, threw some blankets into the guest tub and finished feeding her from there. 

With the TV turned up all the way, I could hear the weatherman with all his updates.  By the time we got situated in the tub, we were in the clear.  As frustrated as I was, I was more relieved.  It was better that I took the precautions rather than sitting on the couch and meeting the tornado face to face.  Plus, Emma enjoyed the adventure in the bath tub :)


No comments:

Post a Comment