For a while now I have wanted to paint Emma's toe nails. I have just never had the guts to actually do it. I learn more about her everyday - what makes her smile/laugh/giggle, what makes her frustrated/mad/irritated, etc. I figured if I was going to paint her nails I couldn't do it while she was asleep. She wakes up too easily. I realized if I wanted them painted I would have to distract her enough for her feet to be somewhat still.
So, I made some silly, shrill noises. I sounded like a fool and Emma knew it haha. She stared at me and wore a smile that said, "Mama you are a nut!" The polish I chose was glittery so it wouldn't take long to dry and wouldn't matter much if it smeared. Emma watches everything anyone does so she went back and forth looking from my silly face to the glitter brush painting her toes. She watched me like a hawk - no surprise haha.
I think she actually enjoyed the process. I was highly entertaining and she seemed to like when I blew on her toes (to dry the polish). The finished product was really so sweet. I love being girly with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment