Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patty's Day Prep

I don't think people go all out every holiday because they all are incredibly special.  I think people just like to celebrate.  As for our household, we know which holidays hold the greatest importance. 

I made strawberry cupcakes for Valentine's Day simply because they are pink - any excuse to bake.  We got Emma a couple of little things and talked about love all day long - mother/daughter love, father/daughter love, mother/father love and most importantly, Christ like love.

For St Patty's Day we have already begun preparing to celebrate - with cupcakes!  I truly love to bake and am finding creativity through cupcakes lately.  I don't know if it's because Maggie is working at Gigi's so I'm inspired or if this natural love for food art is evolving.  Whichever the reason, any day to bake a goodie is a celebration to me!

Aunt Mags was over so I put the extra hands to work.  We baked chocolate cupcakes and dyed the icing green, sprinkled the tops of icing and devoured.  Emma and I shared them with Lana and Luke and again today with Susan and Bailey.  24 hours later and the dozen 'Irish' cupcakes are gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment