Shoes, toys, fingers, shirts, burp rags - and I could go on and on. Emma is chewing on them all! Anything she can get her little fingers on goes straight in her mouth! Some things I don't want her to chew on? Wipes, diapers, paper towels. Seriously, this child is cracking me up/wearing me out!
I think the chewing comes from a mixture of a couple of things - teething and her age. Teething is definitely kicking Emma's and my butt. Bless her heart, she is having some tough days where she sleeps and gripes a lot. Medicine and her teething rings help a little, but on those days not much really makes her better. She gets super clingy which is what wears me out. I absolutely love being with her, it's just a lot when she's in my arms almost all day.
Approaching seven months (OMG!) has a lot to do with her chewing. Emma wants her hands on everything. Putting things in her mouth is a major part of how she is learning. Josh and I are learning too. We have to always remember, if she can reach it then she's going to try and get it. We have been on guard pretty constantly making certain drinks don't hit the floor or plates of food don't end up in our lap - this I can talk from recent experience!
We were at Grandma's the other day when it was time to feed her. I put her in my lap since we didn't have her Bumbo. I fed her a couple bites of pears before she hit the container and it went all over my jeans and Grandma's floor. My instant reaction was to get mad at her for spilling it. However, I was the adult that put the baby food in baby's reach. I quickly calmed down and cleaned up the mess. Yes, her age has a lot to do with all the curiosity and chewing.
No comments:
Post a Comment