The week Emma was born, her Gigi found a discounted kiddie pool at TJ Maxx. It seemed like forever away that we would blow up that little blue pool - now, here we are!
Emma loves her baths so it came no surprise to us that she took to the pool. What did surprise me was how much she splashed around. She never splashes in the tub (no complaints). I wasn't so sure she knew that she could, but the moment we sat her in the water she went to town. I suppose it was only instinct. Pools are meant for splashing.
Emma, bless her heart, had the water going all over her face. When the water hit her in the eyes, she would gasp, blink it off, then go back to doing it all over again. She had us rolling!
Not long after she had been in, I remembered all the rubber duckies she had in her bathroom. Josh got them and tossed them her way. As they floated all over the pool, she carefully reached forward for them - one time to many. She took a nose dive and that was all she wrote. Emma was done for the day.
It was a fun experience up until that moment. We knew she was fine, but went ahead and took her in for an afternoon nap. I do believe she is going to be our very own little mermaid.
No comments:
Post a Comment