Emma is wrinkling her nose when she smiles/laughs or when she's grumpy. I can wrinkle my nose too and she will giggle at me - so cute. She squeals when she wants something and then smiles when and if I immediately turn to her. I try not to respond right away so she won't think that is the way to get my attention. Sometimes, I can't help it. As loud as it is, the squeal is truly too cute.
All her little noises she makes is so sweet to my ears. Emma has just started babbling. For the longest she has cooed (oos and ahhs). Now she is forming a perfect "O" with her mouth, pushing her tongue to the tip of her lips and "talking" to me. I can hear her clearly trying to say something - anything. Mom said she sounds/looks identical to me when I was her age. She said I did the same thing when I was communicating to her. I love stories like that. I love when Emma resembles me.
Dr. Denney said Emma was right on track as usual: her meals are planned properly, she is continuing to grow and gain at a normal rate, she is learning at the right speed (rolling over, sitting up etc.). He said it is time to up her baby food to a stage two and begin her on a sippy cup one to two times a day. He recommended giving her water or deluded juice. I will most likely give her water since she is use to that already. When we give her medicine we follow it with a dropper of water to help her tolerate the taste. Her gag reflexes are too awful to not give her something to drink with it.
I suspected it was time to try out the sippy cup, but never expected Dr. Denney to say Emma could have a vanilla wafer and/or graham cracker! It still blows me away a little. My baby can have a cookie! I know we give her a pickle or a taste of tea every now and then, but this seems like such a big step. She can hold it herself and suck on it until it melts away to nothing. The smallest things make me emotional!
Emma's six month measurements:
17 lbs 5 oz (77%), 26 3/4 in long (85%), 44 3/4 head circumference (96%)
Emma loves the paper at the pediatrician's office!
After her appointment we surprised
Haley at J Crew with a quick visit!
What a beautiful, fun day it has been!
No comments:
Post a Comment