"How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice!"
My dad taught me that years ago - years before I knew what Carnegie Hall actually was.
Emma is currently practicing drinking from her Tommy Tippy Sippy - and doing well! I give her water and she just loves it. She has had water her whole life, here and there. We have given it to her through a dropper to assist with taking medicine and in the early, early days when she had white on her tongue from the formula. We used the water to somewhat clean out her mouth.
So far, Emma has yet to dislike much that we've put in her mouth. Peas is the only thing she's turned her nose up to - and I don't mean that cute little smile. I hope this trend continues as we begin to introduce her to real food. Tonight I let her lick the spoon to my Newk's lobster and crab bisque. I don't think she would have stopped if I didn't make her. I am still cautious with real food, but we are taking the necessary baby steps.
No comments:
Post a Comment