Sunday, March 4, 2012

First Word, Sippy and Stage Two

Emma turned six months and so many new things have happened.  It's only been four days, but she has said her first word, drank from a sippy and began eating stage two baby food!

First Word:
It was Saturday, March 3.  Josh was gone on a work trip so Maggie was staying with Emma and me to keep us (me) company.  We were waking up slowly that morning while Emma was playing in the bed between us.  She was babbling like she's been doing lately and then clearly said, "Mama".  I wasn't for sure at first.  I sat straight up and asked Maggie if she had heard it too.  We were both doubtful until she said it again - then again.  I swooped her into my arms and praised her with excitement.  I can't believe she is barely six months and has already said her first word!  She is my smart baby!

First Sippy:
Dr. Denney said we could start Emma on a sippy at anytime now - so we did!  I poured some water in her new Tommy Tippy sippy and gave it to her during her lunch Saturday.  She likes the water, but isn't at all crazy about the cup.  The nipple is definitely different compared to her bottle or passy so it will take some getting use to.  We will try her on it every few days just to familiarize her with it, but not push it on her until she's ready.  Emma has always told me when she's ready for the next step - she was three months old and still sleeping in her swing.  When she began to bow out, I put her in her crib for the first time.  She has been there ever since!

First Stage Two:
We have begun Emma on stage two baby food.  It has thrown me off a bit.  I had gotten into a very good groove - cereal/fruit for breakfast w/ bottle, veggie/fruit for lunch w/ bottle, bottle for snack, veggie/fruit for dinner w/ bottle, bottle before bed.  Now, Gerber has combined some fruits with a protein - apples and chicken.  Actually, they have all kind of combos - pears, cinnamon and oatmeal, veggie mix, sweet potatoes and corn.  I now have trouble knowing if I should just give her apples and chicken alone or put a different fruit with it?  I don't know yet, but will get in another groove soon enough.  I am sure just as I do it will be time to give her table scraps.  No wait, that is dogs.  It's people food that we will be giving her.  That chicken leg, right Poppy?  Haha.

Our little girl is growing up SO fast.  Now I understand why my dad always told me to never grow up.  These times are too precious.




No comments:

Post a Comment