All week long, Emma and I have been missing the opportunity to hang out with Audrea and Maggie on the beach. Today, our schedules finally meshed!
One of my favorite things to do is watch Emma interact with other kids. Today was especially funny as she endured her first true lesson in sharing. The toy corn was the hot commodity of the day. Both, Emma and Maggie wanted to chew on it. The problem was, they weren't waiting for each other to put it down. Maggie would reach over and literally take it from Emma's hands. Em looked at me with this sort of shocked look spread across her face. Before I knew it, she was weeping over this corn haha. I tried not to laugh, but smiled softly and said, "It's ok Em."
I did get the corn back to her. After all, she had it first. I soon returned the favor to Maggie when it was stolen from her just moments later haha. I couldn't stop cracking up at these two! In the water Emma thrived, while Maggie shriveled up into her Mama's arms like a baby kangaroo in her mother's pouch. Maggie for sure preferred the sand. Emma doesn't mind the sand, but she can't keep it out of her mouth! She's been pooping sand all week! Oh, the life of a ten month old. I love it!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment