Today was an umbrella kind of a day. Emma and I grabbed the closest one we could find and spread out. With shade, the beach isn't unbearable. We are able to stay longer and enjoy ourselves much more than being under the sun the entire time. It's nice to have the rays for when we are in the water, but I do appreciate having the option to get cool. Josh and I learned this on our trip to Fort Walton. Umbrellas are our new favorite way to do the beach.
I enjoyed today, getting to have mother/daughter time with Emma. It was a sweet moment for me as I held her in my lap, sand between our toes, the wind blowing our hair. This trip happened so quickly, so unexpectedly. I took a moment today to appreciate everything happening: The soft sound of the waves against the shoreline, kids laughing in the distance and my sweet baby girl babbling to me, "Bu bu bubbles." What an incredible gift from God. I felt the peace and serenity in today. Thank you, Lord!






No comments:
Post a Comment