Emma and I are thoroughly enjoying our free vacation. It is the most relaxing one we've had yet! Because we aren't on our own here, we are at the condo more than anything (not a bad thing). Thankfully, the condo is right on the beach!
This makes our third trip to the beach this summer and they keep getting better! I think it's the familiarity with the details - what to bring, how to prepare etc. Obviously, I definitely wish Josh was able to be here, but outside of that, Emma and I are having the best time!
Today, we went out to the beach for an hour. It rained off an on all day, but we caught a brief moment where we could go out. The temperature was more than ideal. It was actually almost chilly! Emma mostly just played in the sand. She would lay between her legs and scoop sand towards her. It was so cool watching her be a little more like a kid - all independent.
Because the waves weren't crashing hard, I let her sit where the water would rush over her. I knew they wouldn't knock her down (although they did a couple of times). I have never seen her so incredibly full of joy. It was pure joy all over her face. I would see her tense up and shutter she was so excited haha. Moments like these make me remember how little my problems are in this world. It's these kinds of moments that I am thankful for.
Jimbo and Audrea, I am so grateful for this trip! I love you both! Happy Anniversary!!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment