After an incredible third vacation, I could not be happier to be home. I have had the time of my life this summer, traveling with my little family. Yet, I must say, Dorthy was right. There is no place like home.
Emma and I were gone from Josh for five nights. That's the longest Emma has ever been away from her Daddy. For me, that's the longest I have been away since our early college years. I don't think people though I could do it - be gone that long with my history of anxiety. To everyone surprise, mine included, I did it!
Once Friday rolled around, we couldn't get to Josh soon enough. I was so ready to see him and have our little family back together. Things weren't the same without him there. It wasn't until late that night when he finally pulled into New Orleans. Through very sleepy eyes, Emma saw her Daddy and instantly reached for him. My heart melted as I watched the look on their faces. It was good to have him back.
Another night and half a day later, we were back home. Three vacations later and summer is practically over. What an incredible summer it was! Thank you to all of those who made our beach trips so special! We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment