Play dates are one of my favorite things about being a stay at home mom. It's fun for both the kids and us moms. Josh and I are involved with a great small group at church. We have wanted, for a while, local couples to relate to. After many, many, many prayers, God finally said yes.
All the couples in our small group have young children, the mothers are all stay at home and everyone is so, so nice. When we first joined, Josh and I felt welcomed instantly. It is a quaint little group.
Lana, Megan and I have especially connected. Josh and I have known Lana since we have been up here. Josh and Lana worked together before she had Luke. Now she is stay at home and only a block behind us. She and I get together just about once a week (at least). The kids entertain each other and we enjoy the female adult interaction. Lana and Megan both have boys the same age (a couple weeks apart) which gives them constant conversation. Lately, they have invited me on their play dates. They get the boys together and Emma watches them run off their energy. It's fun for us all!
No comments:
Post a Comment