Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Wedding

Our dear friend married the love of his life this past Saturday afternoon. 

Josh was a groomsmen in the wedding so he had to be there early that morning.  Emma and I went early as well to visit with friends and watch pictures be taken - or so I thought. 

Emma was due a bottle and a nap.  We hurried so much that morning that her bottle didn't get warmed properly so she was, first of all, angry about that.  She fussed with me for twenty minutes drinking the bottle off and on.  She finally took it and fell asleep, but was woken up minutes later.  For an hour she screamed in ten minute intervals.  I had tried getting Josh to run over to help, but he was unable to leave the group.

After Emma's hour long fit, I was pretty fit to be tied myself.  I had just about cried all my make up off onto Emma's head.  Once Josh was able to come help, I knew we wouldn't be able to be at the wedding.  I was too fearful she wouldn't settle down enough to be quiet.  Thankfully, Jimbo and Audrea were staying ten minutes away.  They loaned us their key and Josh drove Em and me to the hotel.  We stayed there through the wedding, allowing Emma to get her nap in.  I reapplied my make up and we were good to go for the reception.

Everything changes when you have a baby.  We just have to go with it.





1 comment:

  1. It sure does change doesn't it! But it is all so, so worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete