Friday, December 9, 2011

Not Teething

Apparently I worry to much.  Snicker, snicker. 

Yes, it has been something I am known to do - not that I am proud of it.  I work hard on my faith trying not to let things get to me.  Inevitably, I worry.  It has always been my weakness - probably always will be. 

As a new mother, worry is part of my job.  It is my job to notice if my child isn't developing as she needs to be - or to notice if she has a small cold.  Emma's irritability the last few nights hasn't been because of teething after all.  It's apparently not a cold either.  According to the pediatrician this afternoon, Emma was and is completely ok.  Her ears, nose and throat all looked good - breathing was clear.  He told me to keep doing what I'm doing - saline and aspirating her nose.

Emma's irritability turned out to be just that - a cranky, tired little girl.  Since we have transitioned her to her crib she has had some restless nights.  The first few nights she would wake up in the wee hours, have a bottle and return to her crib.  The last few nights she has, thankfully, gotten back into her nine or ten hours of straight sleep routine. 

Like her mother, Emma needs great rest to function best.  Thankfully, it wasn't her first cold or the beginning of teething (doctor said teeth would, most likely, come in the next month or two).  Emma girl was just tired!

Em waiting patiently on the pediatrician at
the "I don't need to be here" doctor visit. I am
just thankful to know that she is healthy - that
it was my own imagination being paranoid.
It is always better to be safe than sorry.

1 comment: