Miss Emma is keeping me busier than ever these days. Nine months is SO different from eight months. I can't say that enough! I am more surprised everyday at the energy that little bitty body has - it's unreal haha.
Verbally, Emma has improved her "mama" and "dada". Depending on the day, both Josh and I will be "mama" or "dada". I think she knows which one of us is which, but she gets started and just rolls with one or the other all day long. It's been "dada" for a while now, so it's music to my ears getting to hear my sweet baby's voice babble "mama". Aunt Mags has even been "mama" lately! Haha!
Physically, Em has completely skipped over crawling. When she's on her pallet, she will scoot or lean/reach for toys and be completely content with staying right there on her blanket. When I take the time to sit with her, she automatically wants up. She pulls up on me and is ready to practice walking. She absolutely loves it. When I feed her a bottle from the couch, she often will not finish just so she can wiggle down in between it and the ottoman. She loves holding onto my legs while bouncing her knees. I think she's getting more comfortable each day with moving around. She will even go back and forth from my legs to the ottoman - with great caution of course. Naturally, she has taken some spills, but we always play it off like it's no big deal so she will not fear falling. It's inevitable that she will fall and I don't want her to be afraid to try again.
I honestly couldn't be more proud of my baby girl. She is the sweetest, most kind little thing. I feel so blessed to be her Mama.
Getting out of the house on a rainy, rainy day!
Em laughing at her Aunt Maggie!
McAlister's pickle got the best of her!
Sweet, sweet Emma and Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment