Thursday morning, Josh and I decided to go to the beach on a whim. There was talk of renting a jet ski, but prices were pretty over the top. We cancelled those plans and quickly shifted to another trip to the beach. Everyone else wanted to go shopping, so me and my little family headed to The Boardwalk.
It was lunch by the time we arrived. We grabbed a quick bite at Floyd's Shrimp House. After our scrumptious shrimp, we gathered our beach things and braved the sun. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. Not far from where we enter the sand, there was an umbrella and chairs waiting to be claimed. I looked to my left and right to see if anyone was around I could talk to about purchasing them for the day. I didn't see a lifeguard, but parked Emma in the shaded sand anyways.
The lifeguard came a few minutes later and ended up only charging us $25 from 1:00-5:00pm. To our great surprise, we ended up staying until 4:30! The shade provided just what we needed to carry us through the day. We took a couple of brief trips into the water and Emma took a 40 minute nap. This trip could not have gone any smoother! The wind was constantly blowing low, the waves weren't too large and Em was in the best mood. Ahh - a little piece of heaven on earth.













No comments:
Post a Comment