She is experiencing all these new milestones - small milestones, but developments nonetheless. Just today she started to reach! She has been reaching for objects for months now, but today for the first time she reached up for me. Ah, such a special moment to experience. We were getting up from our morning nap when I said something to her and she lifted her arms. I can hardly put into words the joy these small, brief moments are to me.
Something I haven't mentioned before, but that isn't so new - Emma is now turning from side to side when I hold her. Before, I would pick her up and she would glance behind me - she didn't know any different. One day, she up and turned her little head to see where we were heading and what Mama was doing. It tickles me because she had mastered holding her head up facing back and to the right, but now was having to strengthen an all new side of muscles. She looked very much like a bobble head. It made warming her bottles quite difficult. I was having to keep her balanced all of the sudden as well.
Lately, no glass is safe. Emma is swatting! If we are carrying both her and a drink, we best be aware that her eager hand isn't far from knocking it to the floor. Josh and I have thus far been very lucky. There have definitely been some near misses!
Voice is another discovery - Emma has most definitely found hers. She has always been very, very vocal ooing back at me when I talked to her or 'singing' along with me. Now she can squeal. And I mean squeal - loudly! It is very cute watching her eyes widen, brows raised, feet flexed and arms swaying in pure excitement of the shrill noise coming out of her own mouth. I can't help but smile at her! Then there is that moment when I have been listening to her reach new decibels for over half an hour. It sounds like she needs me, but is completely content hearing her own voice. It can confuse me a bit.
Emma can "mmm" back at me, too! Almost every time I feed her cereal or a veggie I "mmm". It is my way of informing her that this is a good thing. She has begun to mock me followed by a satisfactory smile. I suppose this is where she most impresses me. She recognizes what we say to her already and she's still so little. She even turns when I say, "Daddy" to look for him! My smart baby! I am intrigued by her.
yay she's wearing the onesie I bought her! lots of love from BR!
ReplyDelete