I suppose it looks, smells and tastes a lot like the squash. Whatever the reason, Emma devoured her first bit of carrots. She did her initial 'ew what is this?' face and then realized it was something she liked.
After a week of peas, I have determined she doesn't like them. I think it's the way they feel in her mouth. They are more gritty than the squash and carrots. Her cereal is more textured than her veggies, but she doesn't mind it. Next Wednesday I will introduce green beans to her and hope that she likes them. I want her to enjoy some green vegetable. If she doesn't then I can do what I did the last couple of days with Emma's peas - mix them in her squash. She didn't know any better and got the nutrients of them both. I am hoping I don't have to do that, but a mom will do what a mom has to do to get her child to eat their veggies - especially the green ones.
At least she likes some sort of vegetables. Squash and carrots are more than her Mommy and Daddy eat. Although, that may have to change in the not so far off future - eek!
No comments:
Post a Comment