Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I get very giddy when it is time for a new first.  I live for these moments, right now. 

Today was Emma's first Valentine's Day!

It began last night when Emma and I prepared for Josh's gift (with the very much needed help of Nana Tana).  Josh was on a trip working so timing couldn't have been better.  I had envisioned two perfect little hand prints in white on a beautiful deep red canvas.  Attempting that, we failed miserably.  Emma hated, hated, hated the paint on her hands and the fact we were controlling where they were going.  She was so put out with us which she loudly let us know as she screamed and screamed.  Of course, the prints smudged and the canvas was ruined.  As a mom has to do sometimes, my plan changed.  We went for the red prints on the white canvas.  Thankfully, we had a little better idea of how to make it work.  By no means were they perfect, but for a five month old they would do. 

The canvas ended up turning out really beautiful and so sweet.  I had it displayed on Josh's bedside table for when he came in last night.  As much as it is a gift for him, I am in love with it as well and beyond glad we did it

Once Emma went to bed, I prepared her things by her bouncer.  I knew that was where she would be first thing the next morning for breakfast.  It looked a little like the Valentine Santa had come to visit.  I just get so excited over any special occasion!

This morning with everything sat out, Emma looked from thing to thing knowing these weren't usually here.  She mostly looked at the balloon, but occasionally at her new bear.  So cute - that teddy is as big as she is!

After lunch I was delivered a beautiful bouquet of flowers!  Up until today, I had never been given flowers by delivery.  It was a special thing to experience.  I love my husband and am so thankful he thinks of ways to make me smile.  Flowers and Breaking Dawn definitely did that ;)

Early this afternoon, Emma and I took off to Lana and Luke's to give them their little happy.  Glad we did - Emma got to visit with her Valentine!  They are so sweet to one another.  Emma and Luke just smile back and forth at each other.  I know kids love watching kids, but these two make each other giggle!  Truly so adorable.

Tonight we visited Aunt Mags at Gigi's Cupcake, bought some dessert and took a picture - of course ha.  Maggie looked so good behind the counter.  It was like she has been there for months yet it was only her second week on the job.  We are so proud of her!

After Gigi's we went to Chickfila with Nana Tana.  We ended up running into Jake, Jessica and Avery!  We parked ourselves next to them and had a nice little dinner with family and friends.  We dove into our cupcakes not long after our meal and sunk low into our booth with full bellies.  Emma loved looking at Avery - along with my glass of Dr Pepper.  She is ready to get her hands on everything!

Today could not have been better.  It was my favorite Valentine's Day of all.  So thankful for my wonderful family and all our friends.  We are truly blessed to have such special people in our lives.
















No comments:

Post a Comment