My Emma is the sweetest sleeper. Once Josh goes to work and Emma has had her breakfast, she and I crawl into Mommy and Daddy's bed together. I pile pillows on the edge of the bed (especially after the couch incident) and cuddle up next to her. She rubs my face with her sweet, small hand or grasps my finger tightly while she turns her head into a pillow. Almost instantly, we drift off to sleep.
She is more active now so we don't play in the bed when we wake up like we use to. Now Emma is ready to get going once she's had that morning nap. I often put her in the exersaucer first because of the amount of energy she has. She loves to discover a new part of it every few days. She'll fixate on it until she can master it. Emma is one determined little girl.
I don't know how many more months of these mornings I have to cuddle up with my buggy before she is all go, go, go from seven until dark. Until those days come, I will love each moment, each little finger on my cheek, each little kick in my side.
Aww...that is why Nola Grace still sleeps with us lol. I love it when she's trying to go to sleep and she rubs my face or grabs my fingers and pulls my hand down to cover her face. I know I'm going to regret letting her sleep with us when she gets older but for now I LOVE having her snuggle with me.
ReplyDelete