Before I had my Emma, I nannied 4 kiddos. I would take them to school and run them to all their appointments when needed. I made a mental note back then to, one day, have a dentist as good as theirs for my own child. Two years later, I knew exactly who to call for Emma.
As always, Emma surprised me. I was fully prepared for tears when it came time for Dr Cook to look in her mouth. Wouldn't you know? Not a tear was shed! Dr Cook was super impressed, as was I haha. Beforehand, he told me how common it was for this age group to get upset during the exam. He prepped me on how to hold her while he counted her teeth and looked at her bite. Thankfully, she did the opposite of what I said she would do! He was able to check everything he needed!
Emma has 9 teeth - the front four on the top and bottom, plus a bottom back left molar. She has an overbite, but that's normal at this age. Her I don't know what it's called connecting her upper lip to her gums thingy is a little low, but we won't revisit that issue until she's 12. Josh said he actually had the same issue with his whatever it's called as a kid. Everything else was super good! No cavities!!! Dr Cook instructed me to start brushing her teeth with water (no toothpaste) twice a day and to stop giving her milk at night. Looks like we have some kind of a weekend ahead as we break that habit - eek!

No comments:
Post a Comment