About 8:45 this morning, Emma threw her "Ba Ba" (passy) behind Mama and Daddy's bed. This has recently become quite an intriguing game for her, but one I was not willing to play today. It was the honest truth, I could not find it. My back is in horrid shape these days and I just really wasn't willing to get on my hands and knees for it. She seemed to not mind, so I went with it!
Em asked half a dozen times for her "Ba Ba" before her nap and half a dozen times since then, but Mama keeps saying the same thing over and over again. "Ba Ba is gone gone. Emma threw it, remember? Bye bye Ba Ba!" All day she kept giving me the same hopeful look, but would then reply with an "oh, yeah" sort of face. Poor baby.
My hopes are definitely up that this will work. It is something I have talked about for a while, but never had the nerve to put into action. Much like a lot of my maternal decisions, Emma has made it clear what to do. She may not be on the road to potty training yet and may still be going to bed with milk in her sippy, but she just may be "Ba Ba" FREE!

No comments:
Post a Comment