Today Emma tried baby food for the first time. Although her pediatrician recommended her to have fruit first, I wanted her to have vegetables in the beginning. I have heard before that kids don't eat veggies if they have already had sweet fruits. The nurse I talked to today said it was my choice and honestly that it probably wouldn't matter - kids eat what they want to eat. I stuck with my gut and chose squash for her first dish.
Emma kinda liked it. She ate most of it, but shuttered every time it went down. I couldn't help but laugh at her, but I felt unfair so I tried it too. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. It was a lot like sweet potatoes - with a wang. Yeah, I would have made some funky faces too if I had to eat as much as she did. Considering it wasn't the greatest, I think today was a success.
Way to go Emma Grace!
No comments:
Post a Comment