Lately, Emma has become more interested in her toys, more intrigued with our home, more interactive with people. Four months is really different from all the other months we've gone through. One through three were completely unknown, laid back, unscheduled, brand new. Now that Emma is four months, I feel so much more prepared, more relaxed as I can expect her to be a certain way - for example, screaming loudly when hungry or when she has missed a nap and is exhausted. I now feel fairly comfortable taking her places on my own. I am less fearful of germs (although I still have my eye out for them).
Although I often feel comfortable with our day to day, new things are regularly happening to keep me on my toes. Emma does have a schedule, but it is acceptable to change it at any moment. After Christmas, for example, it took a good two weeks to get her back on her sleeping routine. She actually didn't stay on that long before waking up in the middle of the night to see me, take her passy and drift back off - this is a fairly new thing. It's like she wants to make sure I am still here.
She has become incredibly clingy to me. That is to be expected - I am with her constantly day in, day out. I love her wanting me so much until we visit family and all she wants is me. It is difficult watching the grandparents question weather or not Emma likes them. I always reassure them that this is just a stage she's in. My mom says I was the exact same way. She said I would never go to my Grandpa because his voice was so deep. It seems Emma looks a lot like her daddy and acts a lot like me.
SN: Diaper changing is no longer only repetitive, but very challenging. Emma isn't sprinkling anymore (at least hasn't in quite some time), but she wiggles and squirms causing diaper changing to last much longer than use to. It is, for sure, a brief moment of entertainment for whomever choosing to change her - especially when she has gone number two!
No comments:
Post a Comment