Eight months has been my favorite month with Emma - with everything except sleep. For months now she has been very predictable. I have learned a lot about her and her about me. We feed off each other, knowing how we both respond. Sleep has been great until the last few weeks.
I immediatley assume it's teething, but I honestly don't know. I give her medicine and teething tablets, but nothing works some nights. I feel like I do enough during the day to make her tired - run errands, exhersaucer, pallet time, jenny jump up (as pictured) etc. I honestly don't know what to do!
Lately, she has been our little late night visitor. Before we go to bed, she will sometimes get a burst of energy. I feel the best way for her to become tired is to release all the energy. So, we invite her into our bed for a little play time. Generally, it's just Emma playing. By this point in the day, Mommy and Daddy have a very limited amount of energy. Somehow though, we always have that last little bit just for her.
As tired as we are and as frustrating as it can sometimes be, there is nothing in the world sweeter than that smile and the hug/kiss/laughter that comes with it. Emma Grace, you are one loved little girl - any time of the day (or night).
No comments:
Post a Comment