As we expected, Emma loved it. She was crazy about the water and in love with the waves. In the beginning we watched the water come in, hitting our toes. We then took turns holding her, bouncing over each wave. I thought the salt would bother her eyes, but she handled it well. When the waves crashed on us, she would gasp followed with a smile. She kept kicking her legs with excitement. She is just a little mermaid!
We spent a good bit in the water before taking a break in the sand. Emma wasn't at all bothered by the sand. She loved the way it felt in between her freshly manicured toes. She actually quite enjoyed the way it felt in her mouth! Yes, Emma ate sand. Surprisingly, I wasn't at all bothered by this. I think I knew it was bound to happen so I did what any good mother would do - took a picture! Well, I did do that, but I also washed her down with fresh water. That girl haha.
An hour and a half later we left Perdido Key. Today was one of my favorite memories. It was sweet just me, my little family and the big blue sea.









No comments:
Post a Comment