Sunday, October 9, 2011

UMMC ER

When I said vomit was in my future I didn't expect it to be predominately present so quickly. 

The Similac Sensitive backfired.  Emma spent most of yesterday vomiting up her bottles.  We thought by switching her to the sensitive formula we would be eliminating the rest of her reflux and gas problems - the problems left that her medicine wasn't fixing.  Unfortunately, the sudden change in diet made her completely sick.

After talking to a nurse twice, she recommended we bring her on in to the ER.  We were afraid of dehydration or, perhaps, a virus of some sort. 

Five hours and many tears later (tears from both Emma and me), the doctor said it was probably just her reflux at it's worst.  Emma never ran fever, therefore, it wouldn't be anything viral - thankfully.  She wasn't sick.

We have now switched her back to Similac Advance and she hasn't thrown up once.  It's true what they say - don't fix something that isn't broken. 


2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a sweet resident help y'all out in the ER... I know most of them by now, and it's a pretty awesome place if you HAVE to be little and sick. So glad Em is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear, but I am glad that it wasn't a virus. Maybe she's just trying to keep her girlish figure!

    ReplyDelete