Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Getting Out and About

I absolutely love being at home with our little Emma.  Although schedules are currently extinct, I look forward to the day where we hold a routine.  Until then, getting out of the house is quite difficult. 

We have been late to every doctor appointment we have had.  Very few times, during this last month, have we gone anywhere beyond the hospital and doctor's office.  We did take Emma out to lunch with us a few weekends ago and I have branched out to grandma's a few times now. 

Each day I decide to have an outing I hold my breath.  I have to get ready and packed for the day.  Packing includes getting bottles/formula together, extra outfit in case of spit up (or worse), burp cloth, extra diapers, extra wipes, A&D etc.  It's a lot of stuff to remember.  I almost have the list built in my head but, I'm not quite quick enough to throw it all together as I'm walking out the door.

After we're ready we head to the car.  Emma likes riding but, hates the car seat.  Getting her in and out of the seat is a pain.  I took her to the doctor the other day and she screamed the entire way there.  If she lets herself, she will fall asleep.  Unfortunately, that day she didn't.  Ha. 

I have learned that I prefer to stay at home.  It's easiest having everything I need nearby - it's most comfortable.  However, I am trying to get out for both Emma and me.  It's good for us to get out of the house and stretch our comfort zones.  I don't want Emma to develop a fear of the car or going into loud restaurants and such in the future.  We don't stay out long but, just long enough.

I am proud of myself for getting out and so proud of my Emma.  She is such a wonderful baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment