Thursday, October 27, 2011

Eight Weeks Old

We've hit eight weeks!  Before Emma was born I was told by a sweet friend that at eight weeks things really feel normal.  That a routine will begin to set in and both mom and dad tend to feel less unsure.  At eight weeks now I can say I believe she was right. 

Emma is still eating at different times everyday, but they are more consistent than ever.  She is still sleeping six or seven hours in the middle of the night - giving me great rest.  Well, she's giving me rest.  Currently, I'm sleeping on the couch.  Emma graduated from sleeping in her bouncer to sleeping in her swing.  The bouncer fit nicely by my bed, but the swing is in the living room, therefore, I sleep on the couch.  I will eventually use monitors, but for now I need to be near her.  I find myself being extremely protective of her.  She's never very far from me.  Emma is smiling, cooing and experiencing new things like the outside.  I grow to love her more everyday we're together.  She is something else.

Daddy has been gone the last couple of days.  Emma and I both have missed him so much.  In honor of him returning home, I put Emma in her sweet I LOVE (daddy) onesie outfit.  She looked so precious and made daddy so proud when he saw her.  I love my little family!





Happy eight weeks baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment