Sunday, October 16, 2011

Six Weeks Old

Emma is now six weeks old!  I can't believe the first six weeks have already come and gone.  In a lot of ways I feel like we've come so far - things are getting easier day by day.  Other moments I feel like I'll never get everything together.  I put a lot of pressure on myself to be a certain type of strong.  Honestly, there are just times that I'm overwhelmed and clueless.  Apparently, that's just being a new mom.

Having a newborn means life is completely unpredictable.  That's the hardest part for me.  I've talked about the lack of routine since she was born.  There is more of a routine now than in the beginning.  She is spending a lot more time awake which is fun for me.  I love talking to her.  Yesterday morning (October 15) she actually smiled for the first time that wasn't gas or sleep induced!  That little smile makes my world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment