With this rainy weather comes sleepy Mama, but I can't skip blogging the big news that my daughter is no longer a teen months old. Emma Grace is 20months old!
Her entire life I have been eager for her to get that one month older so she could sit up, or eat with a fork, or walk by herself. Now it feels like her milestones are so often I can't keep up. She's talking like a parrot - repeating everything we say. That's 24,000 (over exaggerated) milestones a day! I swear she gets taller every day, smarter every minute and older by the second. Emma is officially "Ba Ba" free - 10 days (which feels like a month) now. I mean, she is a toddler! I have been calling her a toddler since she turned a year, but secretly in my head saying my baby. Now there is really no denying the fact that Emma is a toddler and very little like a baby to me now. I'm her mother, of course, I want her to grow and thrive like she's doing. But I'm her mother and a real sap at heart. Some days, some milestones just really trip me up. 20months old = one of them.
Also happening at 20months, Emma:
Eats two meals a day, but generally not all three
Dances anywhere
Dances to anything
Kisses with her mouth closed
Now says, "Peash" (please)!!!
Really learning to obey, "Come here, please"
Testing her limits
Prefers showers over baths
Screams (so loud my ears ring) when we have to go inside from playing outdoors
Favorites: "Bubble" (Bubble Guppies), "Ra Ra" (Rapunzel) "Memo" (Nemo) and "Ba Bey" (Tinkerbell)
Emma's favorite thing for entertainment -
bubbles and outside! Unfortunately, this
day the bubbles weren't working!
Thank goodness for the lady bug! Emma
loved playing with her first lady bug!


No comments:
Post a Comment