Sunday, May 12, 2013

Second Mother's Day

Mother's Day is not even over and has already proven eventful!  

Just out of the shower, Emma and Daddy gave me two sweet cards or "boo" (books) as Emma calls them.  Sweet girl was so proud to show them to me.  She had chosen one with "buz" (bugs), I assume because the newest Bubble Guppies was all about the bugs.  It must have been fresh on her mind when they went shopping last week.  Ironically, Josh's card he chose for me had butterflies which Emma thought was the greatest thing.  "Bu fye!" she would say haha.

We had somehow planned the morning perfectly.  We were exactly on time for 9:30 service and had even grabbed breakfast!  Hysterically, Emma swallowed her pancake wrong and ended up vomiting all in the car and all over her dress.  I was stunned when it was happening.  All I could think of was her outfit and how I had hand picked that dress for this day.  I knew she was fine.  Her super incredible gag reflexes had just seized the moment.  She and I both were more worried about her being "duw" (dirty) than anything else!

Quickly, we gathered a plan B - bathe Emma, wash dress, clean car - and immediately put it into action.  Just over an hour later, we were pulling back into church and ready to worship at 11:00.  I don't know how we did it, but we did it! 

God prevails!

Mama and Emma (in the dress)
waiting for our name to be called
for lunch!

My amazing gifts: precious metal
prints necklace (Emma's finger
print on the back & initials on the
front), hand/foot/finger print
bouquet that will never die and
the sweet card she chose for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment