Thursday, May 9, 2013

EMMA'S FIRST TINKLE

My kid!  She just amazes me!  From the beginning Emma has always told me when she's ready to move on and take that next step.  She's usually more ready than I am!

This morning, Emma approached me,  "Mama?  Poo poo."  She pointed to her potty and I went with it.  I shed her diaper and plopped her little tush right on her princess potty fully anticipating just to go through the motions.  I mean, we've only had this potty a few weeks!  She has sat on it once, maybe twice, the entire time we've had it!  We've never made a big deal out of training.  Who knew today would be the day?!

It wasn't much, but it was definitely something to cheer about.  Immediately, I screamed, "You tinkled on the potty!!!"  She squealed with excitement and then I squealed again, dancing in circles on my tippy toes.  Emma was ecstatic!  I've never seen her more proud of herself!  For sure, it was a moment to remember!

And then she put her hands in it.  And then she wiped her face.

Like I said, it was a moment to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment