Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"Those People"

It's official.  Emma has hit her terrible twos.  Baby Center confirms it!

Fasten your seat belt!  Your toddler is probably on an emotional roller/coaster now: One minute she's as happy as ever, and the next she's a mess.  It may be a year or two before she outgrows temper tantrums.  Until then, expect to deal with regular outbursts of anger or frustration.  While it's difficult to predict what's going to spark a tantrum, you can cut down on their frequency by making sure your child gets enough sleep and eats well during the day.  Remember, a hungry, sleep-deprived toddler is a meltdown waiting to happen.

Sounds about right.  Without sleep and food, I am a basket case!  I learned a long time ago that Emma is the same way.  What's new are the frequent outbursts.  I don't see them coming and I can't really stop them.  She tends to get angry and get over it all in the same minute.  We are now "those people".  "Those people" with the screaming toddler haha.

I can't help, but laugh about it.  I have dreaded these moments of motherhood probably since before I was pregnant.  Going out to eat and seeing "those people" with a screaming child - how embarrassing!  Yet, today I am embracing being one of "those people".

Emma Grace is kind like her daddy and precious like a little girl.  Those few moments in a day where she has temper tantrums, eyes full of anger, and fits that are full blown are exactly that - a few moments.  The rest of my day is filled with hugs and high fives, singing and sweet kisses.  I am not embarrassed when she gets mad at me.  I am trying to figure out how I am going to teach her how to manage her God given emotions.  Lord help me!  I'm still working on managing my own God given emotions!

So, if you see me in a restaurant with that screaming baby, go ahead and label me one of "those people".  I am proud to be one of "those people" - aka a parent.

Running to get donuts with Daddy
one Saturday morning!

Emma is always quick to assist with the laundry!
No one know how to unfold better than her!

Emma is a little rockstar!

Lookie who fell asleep with Mama!  She
hasn't napped with me in forever!

Looking for the finishing touches for
Baby Kimball's Shower and Emma finds 
this.  "Bok!  Bok!"  Eh.  Close enough!

Emma can "dy" (dry) her hair 
just like Mama!

Princess Emma!!!!  She is too sweet holding 
her baby doll's crown up to her head!

No comments:

Post a Comment