Yesterday I was diagnosed with strep throat. When Josh had strep Emma was two weeks old. He also had the flu so I quarantined him in our bedroom. Emma and I camped out in the living room for several days. Now, Emma is eleven weeks old (today actually!!). The doctor and her pediatrician say that children her age usually don't get strep throat, but it is possible. Therefore, I am keeping away from her as much as I can. Josh stayed home from work today to help out, take care of Emma and cater to me.
I am a horrible patient.
I was instructed (by my caring husband) to stay in bed, let him take care of everything. Instead I migrated to the couch and made certain he was getting everything done. Basically, I bugged him all day long asking him to do this once he's done with that. Oh and don't forget blah, blah, blah. I have the sweetest husband. At the end of a day like today when he tells me he loves me I know, know that he means it.
I am the worst kind of a patient.
It is my first time sick since we've had Emma. I do everything during the day while Josh is gone to work and most of the time everything through the night. Anyone who know me is bluntly aware I am a bit of a control freak. Ok, more like a major control freak. A day like today when I am suppose to hand over my responsibilites, stay in bed and do absolutely nothing comes along and I become that bad, horrible, worst kind of a patient.
Sap Alert:
I am so thankful for my sweet, wonderful, caring, loving, understanding husband. Thank you, Josh, for how patient you are with this patient.
Also, so thankful for this little girl. Her smiles have kept me going this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment