Friday, November 30, 2012

Lights in the Square

Tonight we "Decked The Halls" in Canton for the annual Lights in the Square.  They really stepped it up this year!  There were all kinds of new attractions including: a life size Ginger Bread House, Horse and Carriage, Train Ride and Carousel!  Even Mrs Clause was there, reading to all the boys and girls!

Emma was running (crawling) all over the place, intrigued with every light and sound.  The 20ft Christmas Tree was her favorite.  The lights were dancing all over, but it was the music that drew her in.  That girl LOVES to dance!  We were smack dab in the middle of The Square, shaking our booties to "We Wish You A Merry Christmas".  Never a dull moment!

After our "jam" session, Em and I rode the bench round and round on the Carousel.  I tried putting her on a horse at first, but she was clinging to me for dear life.  Bless her!  She isn't quite big enough for that.  When we started moving, I was glad we rode the bench.  The horses were going up and down, but leaning a bit topsy turvy.  Emma and I sat safely, waving to "Da Da" and "Ma Ma" (Aunt Mags).

We all four circled The Square in the horse drawn carriage, sitting behind a couple of couples on their double date.  Mags and I were rolling our eyes, trying desperately not to laugh out loud when Josh leaned over and said, "That was us a few years ago, dear."  Alas, I really am old!

An hour or so later, The Square had been seen, ridden and photographed.  It was another incredible year marked down in the books.










No comments:

Post a Comment