Last weekend we traveled down to Nana and Poppy's. Because summer has been crazy busy, we haven't seen them as much as we usually do. This visit was over due.
We got into town kind of late - Emma late anyways. It was past her bedtime, but she had slept the entire two hours. She was ready for visiting! She actually stayed up until ten that night!
Saturday was a jam packed day, full of family, friends and fun. Emma had time alone with Nana while Poppy was running errands. Josh slept in for the first time in forever and I had breakfast with Melanie. All around, it was good for everybody. It's important for Emma to have that time with her Nana and crucial for Josh and I to have a little time to ourselves.
Early afternoon we went swimming at The Spell's. I really wanted to show Mrs Melissa and Neil how much Emma loves the water. They have heard adorable stories all summer. I was excited to give them an opportunity to see it live.
About four we joined family and friends for an unbridal shower celebrating Travis and Rachel. It was themed like a Mad Hatter unbirthday party. We had the best time visiting and, of course, eating. Sarah made the most delicious cupcakes I have ever tasted. I am salivating just thinking about them - omg divine! It all turned out really great!
Sunday morning we went to Trinity, followed by lunch at Dickies BBQ. Before leaving town, we ran by Meme Bobbie Jo's for a quick hello for her birthday. Boy was she surprised! It made her year (so she said) that we stopped by. Emma played with a couple of ancient toys from Josh's childhood - monkeys in a barrel and some adorable leaping frogs. Meme tried giving them to her, but I encouraged her to keep them for a visit in the future.
Like I said, a jam packed weekend! Weekends like these take it out of me, but the sweet memories made are precious and priceless.




No comments:
Post a Comment