Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Eleven Months

Eleven months old.  When did this happen?  I tell you, this is an emotional one for me.  I have embraced every new month with a fresh ironed on shirt and a healthy dose of excitement, but this time feels different.

This was the last time to use her monthly iron ons, first of all.  That hit me like a ton of bricks.  I have been thinking about her first birthday heavily since she was six months old.  Now that it's approaching, I am having the hardest time with it.  I love her growing and constantly changing.  It just feels like my baby is gone.  Now I have this cute little mess crawling all over my house (smiling as I write this).

It makes it real, how big she is becoming, seeing her around the others.  I have always seen them as so much older than her, but now she is on their heels.  Sniff, sniff!

Emma Grace is swarming with sassiness, cuteness and an adorable sense of humor.  She laughs at the funnest things!  Sneezing, for example.  She giggles every time she sneezes and I mean every time.  Josh and I get so tickled at her.  Like most every baby, she loves silly faces and goofy noises.  She has continued to grow into the biggest and brightest social butterfly.  She plays so well with all her little friends and cousins.  She thinks she has become very good at fake crying, but Mama can see right through it (of course).  Ha!  She gives the most precious kisses and hugs.  She's just the most kind, sweet little thing.  Daddy and I are so smitten with her.  




Emma's first scribble! Sidewalk
chalk on our back porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment