34 weeks pregnant and 31 pounds heavier. It's all down hill from here!
The nursery, living room and kitchen are filling up quickly. Now that we've had our family showers, we are overflowing with infancy items at the Reid household. We LOVE it! The nursery has a faint smell of baby powder from all the diapers and lotions sitting around. I'm trying to get everything organized. 31 pounds ago it would have been done by now. My energy level is completely stolen by my little girl - ha.
I'm down to my every two week Dr visits. It's so insane how close we are now to having this baby. I've said it before, every so often I hit a new level of surreal - a "wow this is actually happening" moment. I definitely had that feeling after the first shower walking into the house and seeing so much baby stuff. Today I hit another level. My next appointment (Aug 16) we will schedule a delivery date!
I wasn't sure, until today, if she would schedule an inducement without a problem occurring. She said they were her favorite type of delivery - she loved the planned kind. I love this, of course. According to how the fluid and baby positioning look at the next visit will determine the date and type of delivery. Currently, I am hoping for an inducement on September 2. That would be a little early but, I will still be full term. That's my plan unless Emma decides otherwise. There is still always the possibility she would come on her own earlier than that. You never know! I'm just always praying for her safety and a good delivery for us both.
My fingers and toes are still swelling a little. Yesterday I noticed my fingers were soar. I talked to Dr. Meck about it today and she said that some women develop carpal tunnel near the end of pregnancy. Here's to one more thing that makes my days harder. I am so ready to meet my little girl and be back to my full energy level/normal self. Although, I think the energy thing will come back much later - once Emma gets on a sleeping/eating routine. Praying Emma will get on a good sleeping/eating routine.
I'm so excited for you all and can't wait to meet Emma! :)
ReplyDelete