For a little over a year and a half now I have been a nanny to four of the most amazing kids in the world. It has been everyone's plans for me to continue the nanny position even once Baby Emma came about. However, as the kids have gone back to school and the "babies" entered kindergarten, the need for me as their nanny wasn't as high of demand. It is bitter sweet to announce that I am now a full time stay at home wife and mommy.
My heart's desire has always been to be home with my babies as full time as possible. The nanny job has been the biggest blessing and closest thing to stay at home. Thankfully, I will still be around the kids - baby sitting here and there. I have been with the family too long to just be done with the job. They have always been more than a job to me. They're part of my family.
As these last days of a baby free home draw to a close, I am attempting to relax, check things off my to do lists and soak up what is happening all around me. The arrival of Emma is so near I can taste it. Just six days until she's here. I feel like I am everything I should be right now: excited, anxious, eager, terrified, thrilled, nervous, certain, uncertain etc. My hormones are enjoying these last few days of pregnancy. I am pretty much all over the board with excitement followed by a good dose of fear and tears. God is keeping me together and giving my husband the impeccable strength he needs.
Only six days left. Six days. Woah.
Molly, you're going to be a fantastic mommy - and I'm glad God's given you the opportunity to be home and with Emma all the time. Enjoy every moment. Hope to make it to the hospital to see you guys!
ReplyDelete