She threw up after lunch and dinner yesterday, but never ran fever. She has gag reflexes like Josh - I didn't think too much about it. I had talked to a nurse that said to watch for fever, or in case of a UTI, a unique smell to her urine. Except for the vomiting, Em really didn't act out of the ordinary. Still, I knew last night we would miss Em's first Easter Egg Hunt today. It makes me sad that we had to skip it of all things. Emma was sick this time last year and missed her very first Easter Sunday. I sure hope this isn't a tradition in the making!!!
This morning, Emma slept until 9am. Her eyes told me she was super sick. I called Dr Denney's office pretty immediately. He, unfortunately, wasn't in today, but we were able to see our solid back up - Dr Adcock. Flu and Strep cultures came back negative - thank goodness - leading Dr Adcock to the conclusion it's the stomach bug. He ordered me to give her very little food, if any at all. Long story short, the cracker (pictured bellow) wasn't gone long before we saw it again. Baby girl had a very short lived spurt of energy late this afternoon. She managed to eat bits and pieces of three whole crackers, keeping it and several swigs of Pedialite down. Hopefully, we are on the way to a well baby girl!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment