Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 2

Today began early - very early.  Emma didn't nap at all yesterday which, unfortunately, made her over tired.  Apparently over tired and extra tired are two completely different things.  I thought, for sure, she would have no problem getting to sleep and even stay down until nine in the morning.  I couldn't have been more wrong. 

Em didn't go down until about ten, was up about ten times and only slept in until six thirty.  Need I remind you the time change happened not even a week ago, which means my body still feels like five thirty at six thirty.  I finally stopped fighting her about sleep at seven.  Clearly she wasn't going back to bed.  She was jumping all over Maggie!  So, we had breakfast and went to the beach!

I was quick to complain all night and all early morning about my lack of sleep, but I do try to savor the God given moments with my little girl.  There was no one on the beach except me, Emma and a few "baas" (birds).  It was such a sweet, quiet and brief moment in time that I am so grateful I had the chance to experience.  I am not a get up and go kind of girl, but Emma had me going.  The water was beautiful, the sunrise was incredible and Emma was precious.  A little sand throwing (at "Memo") and a lot of "sheah" (shell) finds later, we went back to the condo for an early nap.

The girls slept in and headed to the beach about midday.  After splitting a turkey sandwich, Emma and I joined them!  Mostly, Emma just filled her bucket up with sand, dumping it out just before it would get too heavy.  She looooves the pail her Daddy bought her.  Josh, she even carried it around today like a purse!  Our little girly girl!

This evening we all went to LuLu's - the girl's choice.  I wanted them to choose since it is their trip, but I was secretly rooting for LuLu's.  I have been once before and just love it.  I think it's the atmosphere that draws people in.  LuLu's just screams beach.  We had a blast shopping in the gift shop and taking pics during our 45 minute wait.  The girls are so sweet to Emma and are including me in all their conversations.  We are having the best time!







No comments:

Post a Comment