Somehow, Emma and I got roped in to chaperoning Maggie's Spring Break trip to Gulf Shores. It was a spur of the moment trip planned by Maggie and her friends, but I was quick to accept the offer to go.
The drive was long - especially with an 18month old - but we arrived safe and sound about four this afternoon. Immediately, we dumped our luggage off in our condo and dashed to the beach. It was a beautiful, beautiful day - chilly when the wind blew, but tolerable with the sun overhead.
Before today, Josh and I had wondered if Em would remember the beach. I don't know if she remembered or just loved what she saw, but Emma Grace was all about the beach today. She was kicking immediately as we stepped off the pier. Poor baby had no nap all day and still managed to muster up all kinds of energy in the sand. She was obsessed with it! She would grab handfuls and handfuls of sand, throwing it all over the place - and occasionally people! Sorry about that guys! She face planted once on a slope, but shoved her sippy away as I offered her some water. I don't know what it is, but my kid loves sand.
Knowing the water was cold, I kept Emma from it as long as I could. When Aunt Mags headed for it, she knew she had to have it too. We stood in the wet sand, allowing the water to glide over our toes. Emma was mesmerized. Josh, I wish you could have seen her! It took all of my might to keep her from diving right in! We were right week one! She's a water baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment