Monday, October 1, 2012

We're Baaaaack!

One week without social media and I feel so, incredibly rested.

Many people have asked, "What made you do it?  Why did you take a break?"  The best answer I can give: Because, I needed it.  I, like so many people, allowed Facebook, Pinterest etc. to rule too much of my life.  Relaxing in the tub at night?  Nope, on my cell phone posting about my day or reading about everyone else's.  My mind never got a break!  I was even grabbing my phone to check it during red lights!  Ridiculous!  I just didn't like how much of my life media had become.  God gave me the push to remove it for a while and remember the parts of life that I loved before everything became mobile.

Today, I have decided to return to social media with a promise to myself that it won't be like it was before my fast.

While I was away:

Things cooled off a bit and 
we brought out the blue jean jacket.

We enjoyed a beautiful afternoon outdoors
with a pallet full of Emma's favorite things.

We met an Olympian!
Bianca Knight - Gold Medalist!

We celebrated with our sweet 
family at The Williams wedding.

What an incredible week!

No comments:

Post a Comment