Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat

Tonight was Emma's very first time to Trick or Treat!!!  

Normally, I am not a very big Halloween person.  Maybe it's all the crazies that come out that give me the hebbie jebbies.  I don't know, but let me tell you, having Emma makes me so excited about this day.  From day one I have always loved to dress her up.  It's one of the perks to having a girl!  There are adorable clothes everywhere, but what better day than Halloween to really go all out on the cuteness?

For Emma's first official Halloween (last year she wore orange, but no costume), she was a scarecrow!  I took the idea from a fellow Pinner and made it our own.  The adorable handmade tutu came from a consignment sale Josh and I attended several months ago.  I knew this would be perfect and it was!  The paint wasn't challenging to do, but keeping her off of it most certainly was.  Because she was getting sleepy, she kept rubbing her nose (Em rubs her nose instead of eyes when she's tired), causing the paint to smudge.  I fought her on it for a while before realizing it wasn't that big of a deal.  She's mellowing me out in my "old" age.  I like it. 

When Aunt Mags and Nana Tana finally arrived (thanks to traffic it took them forever to get here), Em and I were ready to go.  Aunt Maggie set up camp for the trick or treaters at my house, while Nana Tana and I strolled Emma around the neighborhood.  Unfortunately, Josh is out of town for work.  I would have loved him to be here to see Em trick or treating for the first time, but I documented it well haha.  

A special thanks to Aunt Mags for dishing out candy to all the little kiddies in my hood and Nana Tana for keeping up with me and Em the two blocks we walked.  We love you both!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment