Friday, July 8, 2011

Daddy's Point of View

I'll start by saying that I am extremely excited about the arrival of our little girl.  I've always looked forward to becoming a parent, and somewhat knew that we would have a girl first (and to Jeanne and Nichole, this does not stem from the needle-voodoo thing).  Although I anticipated the baby to be a girl, I had no idea what lied ahead of me in the world of all things girl.  I have been introduced to monogramming, bows and headbands (yes, there is a difference), and the 987990560458949 different shades of turquoise.  I've learned all these things during pregnancy, so I'm not sure what to expect once she actually gets here.  As different as this world will be, I really can't wait for the day we welcome Emma into our family.

Molly and I have tried to get a lot of "us" time in since we found out we were expecting.  If there is a movie we want to see, we go to the theatre (on $5 movie night, of course).  When we want to stay up late and catch up with our TV shows on DVR, we stay up - even though we know we'll have all the late nights we can handle come September!  This has given us quality time together - time that we may not have much of once Emma makes her appearance. 

Like all pregnant women, Molly has had many food cravings.  However, she's certainly not the only one who has experienced cravings.  When she's hungry, I'm hungry.  When she has a craving, I have a craving.  Well, actually, I have cravings even when she doesn't!  Molly and I have had one shared craving:  Chinese.  I couldn't be happier about this because Chinese is one of my favorite foods and Molly is picky about her Chinese.

The heat is something that everyone has sympathized with Molly on during the pregnancy.  Almost everyone we tell the due date to says, "Bless your heart!  You have to go through the entire summer all big and pregnant."  My stepmom, Cassandra, carried my little brother through the summer and I remember her being hot, but I don't remember her being as hot as Molly.  As cold-natured as Molly was pre-pregnancy, is as hot-natured as she is now.  I have always been the hot-natured one in our relationship.  I now know what Steve Martin's character experienced in Father of the Bride II. 


No comments:

Post a Comment