Monday, June 20, 2011

Third Trimester

Two trimesters down and one to go - we're on the final stretch!

Speaking of stretch, my belly has started to sting a little from all the stretching.  I'm putting the lotion I regularly use on my expanding tummy daily to relieve the burning and itching.  Thankfully, I haven't seen any stretch marks yet (I will after I post this I'm sure - HA!). 

I'm feeling quite large these days.  It's only a matter of time before my breasts and belly join together creating a snowball look to me - haha.  Emma is getting quite heavy now.  My heels and lower back are feeling the pressure of the extra weight. 

I was blessed to receive a maternal massage as a gift for Mother's Day - thanks again, Melanie!  I put it to great use last week.  Never having one before, I didn't know what to expect.  I am here to tell you, my maternal massage was one of the best experiences I've had during my pregnancy.  I assumed it would be all about the belly but, she never even touched my stomach.  I was actually on my side the entire time given full attention to my back, hips, legs and feet.  She catered to my calves since I have experienced some leg cramps (expected to occur this late in pregnancy) and to my heels that are feeling quite the amount of pressure these days.  I left relaxed, thankful for the experience and sad it was over.

Baby showers are definitely in progress now.  My Petal baby shower will be held on the afternoon of July 16 and the shower up here will happen the following weekend - July 24.  I am so excited to see everyone and show my baby bump to people who may not have seen me (in person) pregnant yet.  They're going to be here before we know it!

My sister turned 16 this weekend and mom treated us all to a trip to Memphis.  It was somewhat a last trip with the four of us before we add this beautiful addition of Emma to the mix.  It was a lot of fun but, I sure can't get around like I could pre-pregnancy.  I couldn't even get around as well as I did last month!  Day by day my belly becomes a little less mine and a lot more hers.  I say this with a smile upon my face.  Yes, I'm hot.  Yes, I'm round.  Yes, I'm tired.  But, I am 28 weeks pregnant with the most active little girl.  Everytime I feel her tap dancing on my ribs I feel two things: one - a little bit of pain and two - how thankful I am she is strong and developing how she's suppose to be developing.

Father's Day was yesterday.  Josh is already the exact kind of father I always dreamt of having for my children.  He is going to be the best daddy to our little girl.  God knew exactly what He was doing when He put Josh in my life.  He's the greatest husband to me and I have no doubt of the type of father he will become. 

I'm really trying to soak up these last weeks of pregnancy and special time with my husband.  It's all going by so quickly - a little less than three months to go!  I can't wait for that baby smell to fill the nursery and her sweet cries to fill my ears (I wonder how long I will call her cries sweet).  I'm incredibly nervous and ready at the same time to truly begin this wonderful journey of motherhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment