It's only a couple more days before entering the 27th week of pregnancy and a couple weeks after that before entering the third trimester. I have my monthly doctor's visit this coming Thursday morning. This is the visit where they check my glucose levels. They'll be looking to see if I have developed gestational diabetes throughout the pregnancy. To be honest, I'm a little nervous about it. I have always had a sweet tooth and since I've been expecting that has only heightened. Emma loves ice cream remember? My former pregnant friends and my current pregnant cousin tell me not to worry - it's just routine. Trying not to worry I think about the other questions I will ask my doctor. For instance, "Can I please sit in the shallow end of a pool?! It's incredibly hot these days."
Things I'm loving about Emma:
I love talking to her. Every time I get in the shower she starts kicking and I tell her, "Mama and Emma are getting in the shower. We love to bathe!" I'm hoping she'll be one of those babies who loves the water. I'm trying to convince her of that now haha.
I love learning about her. For example, I know she likes a little spice: red beans and rice, dirty rice, Mexican type dishes, etc. She definitely is enjoying any ice cream right now. My absolute favorite thing I've noticed is that she reacts strongly to her daddy's voice - Emma perks up every time Josh gets close enough for her to hear.
I love enjoying music with her. It's something I've shared before - she loves music. She can hear the radio in the car, Josh singing to my belly, and the music in church. She dances to them all. I really love how into music she is. I can remember times in my childhood where music has really stood out: my mom harmonized with every hymn in church and my dad opened my world to all different types of music and instruments. Josh and I hope to make music a big part of Emma's childhood as well.
I love sitting in her nursery and imagining what it will be like when she's here. I just rock and rock, looking around at the quiet, still room. I sometimes hold one of her outfits to see how small in my arms she will be. September is coming quickly. All these months later and it's still surreal to me. I can't wait to meet her.
As always, praying for another great appointment Thursday and looking forward to seeing how much she's grown (and maybe how much I'm weighing these days).
No comments:
Post a Comment