Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Great Expectations

First Dr visit - Check! 

Things didn't go exactly as we expected but, things most definitely didn't go bad.  Before going in yesterday things were calculated that I was seven weeks along.  The ultrasound said otherwise.  They were able to see the yolk which apparently is the beginning of a baby.  This confirmed it is a real pregnancy!  At seven weeks you can hear a heartbeat but, looking at the yolk, I was only five weeks and five days along.

My Dr said, "It's one of two things:  The signs of an early miscarriage or we miscalculated and you're not as far along as we thought.  My gut feeling is you're five weeks and this isn't a miscarriage but, we'll take some blood and monitor your hormone levels this week and do an ultrasound next week."

So we didn't get to run off telling everyone we're expecting but, we learned  our snowman (the little yolk looks like one white spot on top of another white spot which I called our snowman) is on its way to becoming a baby.

First ultrasound picture: coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment